Well what a week it's been, blog-chums! Events of the last few days have been unexpected and heartwarming and have left me "all toastie inside ... and leaking!" as the dear old Grinch would say.
Here's another good quote ...
"and they say the internet is such a solitary experience, that you don't make friends, only 'cyber' friends that you'll never interact with. I think this blog (one among many) proves the lie of that statement"
Know who said that? The very cool and excellent Tennyson ee Hemingway from the equally cool and excellent andy warhol goes shopping blog, that's who. He left that comment on my last post. Wasn't that a nice thing to say?
(Ok, brace yourselves, here comes the soppy part ...)
And I have to admit that I am constantly amazed and delighted by the people who wander into my little corner of the blogosphere and welcome me into theirs in return. They are funny, intelligent, fascinating (some of them are downright sexy! ... yes, I'm talking about you ... oh, er, no, not you *nervous grimace*, the person ... yes! you! How you doin? *suggestive eyebrow waggle*) and generous to a fault. I like to think that I've made some real friends in the last few months and hopefully will continue to do so. Maybe I'll never meet them in person but so what? It doesn't detract from the value of a kind word of support or the sharing of a point of view or a joke, does it?
Now, c'mon everybody, let's take our clothes off, (well, except for that guy there ... he should stay clothed at ALL times) light some candles (careful men, we don't want any unnecessary singeing) and have a group hug whilst singing along to the Golden Girls theme!
Beautiful!

(Ok, and we're done with the soppy ... )
I want to tell you about my number one blog-chum, Trinity.
But first I guess I should set the scene ... I was a bit naive when I first started blogging, I didn't have a clue what to do and I didn't know anybody else who had a blog to ask questions and advice of. So I just merrily typed and posted away, until one day I noticed somebody had left a comment!
Now, wouldn't it be awesome, in a glitzy, Hollywood movie kinda way, if that first comment had come from Trinity? Thus starting a beautiful friendship in a cool, fateful manner ...
Yeah, but it wasn't him.
I had to go FIND HIM!
Tsk!
Deciding that comments were kinda cool, and realising that there were like, you know, other blogs out there, blogs I could like, you know, read 'n' stuff I took the brave step of searching for like-minded souls, kindred spirits, people who liked zombies.
Yep, that's hows I found him, via zombies (well, via Shaun of the Dead on his profile to be exact ... I later searched on Anchorman, fact fans, and found Dr Zibbs, "what kind of weirdo calls his blog That Blue Yak???" I wondered, then it was a short skip and a jump to leaving a few smart-arse comments on his blog, stalking his funniest commenters until they came and checked me out, and then stalking their funniest commenters etc ... and Bob's yer uncle, blog history was made!)
Anyway, back to Trinity ... the title of his blog, Newt the Wonder Frog's Lily Pad caught my eye. I like things and people that are quirky, and when I saw "inappropriate sniffing" in his list of interests I knew I had to take a look at his blog.
What I found was a man on a mission.
(Cue mysterious, leitmotif)
Trinity was and still is working his way through a book entitled "This Book Will Change Your Life", I'll let him describe it in his own words, as quoted from his "Day 1" post (which you can read in full by clicking on the above mentioned book title):
"It has a daily task that is extremely odd, random, dangerous, etc and you are to perform the tasks daily to add some new life to your life. Thus, today being the first day of the year, you can see how I believe fate had something to do with me finding this book.
Anyway, I am going to do my damnedest to finish this experiment and you should see at least one new blog a day chronicling what the hell this book is telling me to do. I will be as thorough as possible and hopefully I can stick to this"
I thought the whole thing was kinda cool and unique, it captured my imagination and has done so ever since. Plus, I soon realised that Trinity was indeed a kindred spirit, if a bit bonkers, and there I was, hooked to him and his blog.
Now, a few months later, and a whole lot wiser, I believe THE BOOK (cue extremely sinister leitmotif) was possibly written by sadistic, devil-worshipping, 14 year old boys with a penchant for toilet humour and Scientology.
THE BOOK is pure evil. (cue extremely sinister leitmotif)
Here are some of the things THE BOOK (cue extremely ... oh, whatever, you get the gist) has demanded of Trinity (click on the links to read the corresponding post):
Give himself an enema
Lurk in dubious chat rooms with strange women
Build his own cross and suffer as Jesus did: Yep, he really did, on Good Friday too ... there's even pics to prove it
Family Love Day: (actual quote from THE BOOK) "Incest works well for animal breeding, so why not for you? Today explore your deeper feelings toward a cousin, a sibling or a parent perhaps. Taboos, after all, are made to be broken" ... !!! Scared yet?
Take a pregnancy test by wiping pee on one of the pages
And that's just the tip of the horrifying iceberg. But to his great credit, and I truly admire him for it, he has stuck with THE BOOK through thick and thin and has faithfully carried out all that was asked of him, with very little complaint or use of illegal substances.
(I would have had an exorcism performed on the bloody thing months ago and then burned it at the stake, just to make sure)
Mind you, it actually gave Trinity a task on Monday that worked out pretty well.
He had to send a message in a bottle to somebody.
He mentioned in his post that he had done so accordingly, sending it to somebody who not only read his blog but who also had a blog of their own. He refused to say more until said person received the message, when all would be revealed.
The subsequent post comments went something (actually) like this:
Girl Interrupted: Oooh! I hope it's me! I hope it's me! I hope it's me!!! Ps: I am going to be royally PISSED if it isn't me! :)
Trinity: I hope you aren't too pissed.
Girl Interrupted: :( *sulk*
I think his leitmotif should now be changed to "Poker Face" by that aptly named GaGa woman, because yesterday I got a delivery! *smug, triumphant grin*
It was in a FedEx box and everything! I've wanted a FedEx delivery ever since I saw Castaway, and here it was, a dream come true, and I hadn't even had to be traumatically sucked out of a plane or form a close, emotional bond to sports goods. Woohoo!
Fortunately the Swiss Family Manson weren't around, so I got to open it without fear of interrogation.
This is what I found ...

A real message in a bottle! It made up for all the disappointment of never finding one during all those warm, idyllic summers of childhood spent at the seaside, combing the beach for treasure and gazing wistfully out to sea. Wondering if anybody had found my own, childishly scribbled messages of "Help! I'm a prisoner in a toothpaste factory!", "I'm coming to get you, Love Jaws x" and "Tammy Laine smells like poo" (apologies Tammy if you ever happen to read this, it was personal, but I was six at the time, and to be fair, I thought everyone smelled of poo).
Ah, happy days!
So next I decided to read the message. Except ... do you know how hard it is to get a poxy message out of a poxy bottle? It's BLOODY HARD! But finally, after an hour of swearing, getting my finger stuck in the bottle, swearing louder, cursing people foolish enough to send a message inside a bottle ("Could've sent an email ... but nooooooo! WTF is wrong with just sending an IM anyway, FFS!!!" ... Gwen would've been proud of me) and unsuccessfully looking for a hammer with which to smash the message out ...
Ta-Dah!!

And here's the message (you'll probably need to click on the pic to enlarge it enough to be able to read it ... unless you have superpowers, which would be pretty cool and fancy *cough*show-off*cough*) ...

Isn't that lovely? It's almost as though he really likes me or something!
As mentioned in the letter, Trinity had also enclosed a really cool comic book, Fables: Legends in exile. This was such a surprise, Trinity is an aficionado of comics (geek) and is pretty obsessive (nerd), which I've never really understood, and may even have teased him about on occasion, having never seen a proper comic book or understood the charm and the allure.
This was my first and I loved it straight away ...

The plot basically takes fairytale characters (known as Fables) who have been forced out of their own lands by the sinister "Adversary", and puts them in New York where all manner of gruesome yet interesting things happen ...
Bloodfest MUCH.

I want to quickly show you some of the artwork too, because for me it's one of the best things about the book.
Cinderella (meets Kill Bill) ...

Not sure who this is, possibly the Black Forest Witch (terrible posture!) ...

Rose Red (giving new meaning to the phrase "keep your hair on!") ...

Awesome, eh?
But not as awesome as Trinity, because he'd even sent me snacks to munch as I read my comic book (Cheetohs and Red Velvet Cake! Mmmm ... who needs vegetables?) ...

I'm such a lucky girl!
So thank you Trinity, you totally rock ... you're like the brother I never wanted! You nag me and act as my very own Jiminy Cricket (not always a good thing, from my point of view) but you also make me laugh and smile, you're a good guy, you like lots of the same things as me (which obviously makes you cooler) and I can talk to you about anything and everything ... it's also kinda cool that you've been there with me, almost from the beginning.
But not as cool as liking zombies.
I really do have the greatest blog-chums, they've turned my dull and dreary week into a festival of fun and smiles, which is very much appreciated.
(It's ok, it's not a full-on soppy moment)
So, thanks to friendship you've had three posts out of me this week, giving us all an invaluable lesson I think, something we can learn from ...
If you want more posts, you have to send me cool stuff.
As Trinity would say ...
That is all.

75 comments:
Ps: Sorry I haven't been round and visited you all and left comments today, it's been a long, busy day and I wanted to get this post done before I crashed for the night.
I'll come see you tomorrow though, promise.
G'nite x
Woww its kinda nice seeing posts from you without waiting weeks!
I thought the idea of sending the message in the bottle was awesome, good job trinity! And * interesting* book lol.
I also think of many of you as friends, and I have to say that the picture of kermit the frog made me feel kinda cheery!
Wonderful post GI, and cheers to blog friends all over.
Someone needs to send more sh*t to GI so she'll keep posting!
Your comment thing is working tonight!!! It would not let me post a comment the last couple of days!!! I wonder what was wrong??? Oh well....
You write the best posts!!! It started like Otin's poem listing off your blogger friends. Very cute.
before your post made me feel disgustingly heartwarmed I was going to change "and they say the internet is such a solitary experience, that you don't make friends, only 'cyber' friends that you'll never interact with." to have "Except for sexual predators." on the end but since my grinch heart has grown two sizes since then I won't.
Also, when I was writing it I never thought anyone would actually read that whole book let alone follow its commands (which I wrote by cheating anyway since I just logged my daily activities for a year). How ironic that it seems to have come back to me in such a strange way, with the one reading it using it to win his way into the heart of the girl I've been stalking all this time.
Awesome!
That was a great post, and I love hearing stories of the blogging world actually providing people with such happy experiences.
Big hugs to you!!!
I am touched. The feeling is mutual blog chum. I already have a sister but I would gladly welcome you to the Wonderfrog family for some good ole fashioned sniffing.
i LOVE this post! it's wonderful to know that you can find people who have so many shared interests as you.
now i have to go check out trinity's blog as well as that comic, those pics were great!
People who make remarks about online friends somehow being inferior don’t understand what good friendships can be made over the internet.
I won’t go on at length, for fear of sounding sentimental, but since starting blogging about five years ago, I’ve made several close friends, even – yes – to the extent of sending each other things: in fact I have sent hand-written and illustrated letters to two of them in the last month, explaining how, remarkably, they are both illegitimate children of mine. The first got one explaining how she is the heir to the Spanish throne, and how to find a buried treasure (with, admittedly, sadly inadequate directions). But I am becoming maudlin. Suffice it to say, the blogging world can indeed allow you to meet friends just as genuine as any other type, and certainly ones you would otherwise never have met.
No one deserves it more than you. :)
I'm off to check out Newt the Wonder... right now. Bit jealous of the bottle, I'd like a message in a bottle. Actually, I'd like a message strapped round a beer bottle. I could drink the beer and then read the message.
Ahh! That's so cool. Always great to get a gift. The artwork is nowhere near as good but my first lil mini comic is done - i'd love to send you one!
Beautiful, darling Girl Interrupted - you are the blogger friend everyone goes a bit mushy for because you are just so grand. I basically turn to a puddle of sentimental goo whenever I read your posts as I love them (and you!) just that much.
Tennyson is a wise and wonderful man of many talents, and his insightful comment has made me feel like less of a dickhead for loving blogging as much as I do. I've never admitted it publicly (although I'm about to do so in a rather embarrassing manner), but I so cherish all the incredible blogger friends I've made in just over two months of blogging. I never realised just how much of a social experience blogging actually was. Like you, I started out just writing and had no idea that anyone would ever want to read what I had blurted out. Oh, how wrong I was. And oh, how glad I am that I was so very wrong. It's led me to folk as special and talented as you. And anyone else who reads this silly comment.
Thanks so much for making an awful fuss over Newt and his marvellous message in a bottle. He absolutely deserves as much attention and fawning praise as possible ;) As a recent convert to Newt's Wonderfrogful blog, I can only stand in awe of the man and his crazy achievements. Newt, if you're reading this: I hope you get offered a six-figure deal to turn your blog into a book. It's just that fantastic. But if you do, you have to dedicate it to Girl Interrupted - she's everything that's wonderful about blogging, OK?
All right, novel-length gushing comment over. Love you, GI!
Mr C ... glad you enjoyed it :)
BTW: you're blog-chum #2 ... so what are YOU sending me?
Lead by example and all that :P
Hit ... thank you! :) Sorry about not being able to comment, the html pixies had taken it hostage, those little SOB's!
I need to check Otin out, I've noticed you mention him in your posts quite a bit and he sounds fun ... he also leaves amusing comments, which is a big plus for me.
John ... what an, er, interesting life you must lead! I do love your comments though ... so I'm going to turn an indulgently blind eye to the stalking thing ;)
Sass ... thank you! :) The whole blogging thing has been far more rewarding, in so many ways, than I ever expected. Big hugs right back atcha x
Trinity ... thats another thing I forgot to mention about your blog ... it really does feel like being a part of a little family, I just love all the fond, teasing banter that goes on between you, Erin and AD lol
I'm glad you liked the post :)
BTW: I'm already totally hooked on Fables! :/ I'm just dying for Snow White and Bigby Wolf to get it on! And Pinnochio complaining about being an eternal real-live boy whose balls haven't dropped and who wants to get through puberty so he can get laid had me choking on my cheetohs :P
Lana ... thanks :) Glad you enjoyed it ... I totally recommend both Trinity and the comic
Simon ... I couldn't agree more. I've seen you mention the letter to the Spanish Infanta before on other people's blogs, they sound wonderful and I must admit that it is now my ongoing mission to cultivate your aquaintance enough to one day get a letter of my own ... I've always been secretly convinced I could be the long lost Queen of Canvey Island.
Words ... Aww! :) Fanks chum! x
Mo ... maybe a message wrapped around a nice bottle of Rioja?
The Artist Formerly Known as Insults ... I'd love to see your work! Will come and visit your blog asap to try to get that arranged :)
Girl ... I think you've been the blog success you are because not only do you write really great, entertaining and interesting posts, but also because you travel around and leave the most wonderful comments! You always say something lovely that shows you've really taken the time to consider what people have written, you're always supportive and make everyone feel great about themselves. Thats a gift.
Thank you for all your kind words, it really does mean a lot ... I think there's a lot of bloggers that are oh so very glad that you were oh so very wrong about thinking nobody would want to read what you have to say :)
Love and hugs back atcha ... have a great weekend!
Ps: Don't worry bout the gushy stuff, I kinda like it ... and my warning/disclaimer at the top of my post covers all parties involved lol ;) xx
Friends, what is a friend? It seems to me that a lot of my online friends give me the same things that my face to face friends do, maybe even more. Friends help you when you need advice, I have quite a few of those here, friends listen to your rants, no matter how stupid, friends laugh at your jokes, even when they are not that funny, but the thing about fellow bloggers is that they are looking for friends and that gives them a leg up! I have some real close people here, some that I have met, some that I am on facebook with, some that I call, I don't see that much of a distinction between the virtual and real world! Can you loan me a few dollars? LMAO!
Otin ... I could tell from your blog that you're a popular guy ... although I'm guessing now that it's because they're worried they won't get their money back if they don't keep you sweet. ;)
Thanks for stopping by ... there's a cheque in the mail for $3 ;)
so you're telling me there's a chance.....
i smile every time i see a comment from Girl Interrupted on my blog. Friends you may never meet can still impact you...all you have to do is let them in.
i'm going to go kick my own ass for those words I just typed.
Keep writing!!
Jerrod ... oh, absolutely ;)
And don't do any ass kicking, I thought it was very well said ... and this is a one-off, cheesy, mush-fest post, slightly emo behaviour is mandatory ... mainly so that I don't feel like a total dork on my own :P
I will!
Girl, You are quickly becomming one of my favorite bloggers. I've always felt that people come into your life for a reason and it shouldn't matter where or how you meet them. You never can truly measure the impact a connection- cyber or otherwise- can make. It seems like you have impacted a lot people!
And the message ein a bottle thing was brilliant. I feel as though, I just have to check out trinity's blog now!
Lola ... thank you! :) I think exactly the same thing, everything happens for a reason and who am I to question that? I just enjoy it.
Please do check out Trinity's blog, he's kinda quirky, I think you'd like him.
Thanks again for yet another lovely comment :)
Newt does really like you. You can always tell when someone uses a script font that they really care.
lol Cortico ... Nothing says "I love you" like Segoe Script, eh? ;)
Oh no. I thought my script usage would not be noticed. I was going for an old school vibe with the verbiage and the look of the letter.
I think that strongly came across, Trinity, and worked perfectly, it wouldn't have been the same if you'd used txt language, for example:
L O K8
Y R U not postin?
I M wurrid bout U
U need 2 get a job & eat real food
Post more pls
Ur m8 Newt
;)
hola, hello, what's up, hey, yo. lol. i just came across your blog, thinking its pretty interesting, thought I'd send a greeting and say, hey, come check out my blog.
Lee Beth ... thanks! I will! And thank you for stopping by :)
Aren't Bloggy Friends the BEST? :)
I stumbled across your blog either by way of Hit40 or Otin...can't remember, they kind of blur together sometimes...(grin!) But I'm glad I did! :) I will be back! :)
Stacy ... They certainly are :) Glad you found me too and please do visit again.
thank you for all your wonderful comments on my blog. you're simply the best
ba da da da da
better than all the rest
do do do do
better than anyone
anyone i've ever mettt
woahhhh you're the best.
Haha :P woohoo! My first blog-serenade!
Not so bad yourself, SFD&F :)
Trinity is a brave, BRAVE man...
"Give himself an enema"
I would've stopped reading the book right then and there!!!
I love that you call your family 'Swiss Family Manson'. I wish I'd thought of naming mine something that cool!
The letter is lovely but that comic book is kinda scary. I'm a MAD magazine kind of girl.
People who 'poo-poo' friendships on the Internet don't know what the heck they're talking about!
I haven't met anyone from Blogger in person yet, but I'm hopeful. I have a request in already (Cora's brother lives 30 minutes away!).
7 years ago, I met a woman from a disability forum and we realized that she lived just up the street. She has since moved to Las Vegas, but I've visited her and we talk on the phone often.
5+ years ago, I met my man online. Need I go on? : )
lol JJ ... By brave you mean loopy, right? :P
I've heard about MAD comics but never seen one, but I think we get that here so I'm going to look for it, Trinity has passed on his comic bug and now I want to read more lol
I couldn't agree more :) And nope, I think you've nailed the argument pretty well
I've been kept away from the computer by the real world interfering for the last few weeks (hence short or sporadic posts), and you find yourself actually missing people you've never met.
Weird huh?
Not weird at all, Jules ... I'm just adorable that way :P hehehe
I read on your blog that things had been hectic, hope they ease up soon, cos we all miss you too :)
totally swweeett :-)
So, after this ode to your Kermit-like pal, I guess this means you'll never be ordering 'frogs legs' in a restaurant ever again?
lol Nanc ... there wasn't much chance of me ordering them BEFORE my little tribute to be honest, I don't care if they do taste like chicken :P
My goodness, it's a lovefest all around the blog world this weekend! Rightly so, I'm thinking.
I would love to get a message in a bottle. I want to find mine as I'm standing at the seashore, and the message inside is from my soulmate. Hopefully we can get to him on that deserted island in time.
Cute blog.
If all it took was a fedex filled with letters in bottles, comics, cheetos and red velvet cake to get you to post again, this would have been done by me weeks ago. WEEKS, Kate! ;o)
Seriously, though...Trinity is uber awesome for your FedEx delivery...I think I just wiped a tear from my eye, this post was so sweet!!! I loved his letter, too...down to the font he chose!
Jaimie!!! Hey!! :) Long time no see! He's a great guy indeed, and clearly knows his fonts ... and damn! If I'd known THAT I'd have dropped hints ages ago!! :P
Hope all is good with you x
I am very glad I wandered into this corner of the blogosphere.
I like you.
Hannah ... thank you! :) Welcome to my corner, I've just been and had a look at both your blogs and really like the way you write and the things you write about ... I'll be back later when I have a bit more time to comment and to read more.
But first impression is that I quite like you too.
Thanks for stopping by.
Fragrant ... sorry! :/ Missed your lovely comment earlier
Wouldn't that be romantic! I do hope he doesn't have a fixation with a basketball called Wilson though.
Thanks for stopping by :)
What a wonderful story !!
I'm touched and it has left me without words ...
It's just what I wrote on Mr C.'s blogpost, the internet does not have to be shallow ..in fact, you can meet soulmates here ....
have a wonderful day/night Kate !
D. XX
ha ha ha. you're a funny one.
Dominica ... who knew there were so many kindred spirits out there, eh? :)
Have a lovely evening too xx
J ... lol I hope you mean funny as in 'humorous' and not as in 'peculiar' :P
Thanks for stopping by! :)
what a wonderful post- so many things I want to comment on (crazy book! awesome bottle!...) but I really want to say how much I admire you and others who really bare their souls when blogging- my original intention of blogging was as self-promotion, but I ended up finding lots of fun and interesting people who I've been able to keep a continuing dialogue with- its been very serendipitous finding your blog :)
While slightly disappinted the Fed-Ex package did not make its way to me, I think I'm already over it...I could not have given the event the justice you have provided in such a heartwarming post on the joys on friendship. Welcome to the fond, teasing banter from Erin, Kate! You're getting added to Google Reader on my end - I'll take time out of my workday to catch up on your adventures, leave inane comments, and attempt to update my own blog.
Cheetos are an unnatural shade of orange and I LOVE THEM!
Valerie ... thank you :) I'm glad you liked it. TBH I'm not a big one for soul baring usually, I actually deleted several of my early posts because I felt they were too personal and revealing, but this week was special and sometimes you just have to let your feelings show and tell people how lovely they are :)
Thanks for leaving such a nice comment!
Erin ... Yay! :) Thank you, I'm glad that you liked the post and I look forward to any teasing banter you care to share with me, all inane comments welcome :P
And having now scoffed the Cheetohs I can wholeheartedly agree with you, they are DELICIOUS! I had orange fingers for hours afterwards but it was totally worth it ... I think they might put crack in them though, because they're scarily addictive! :/
I'm glad my Heterolifemate sent the package to you, Kate. To be honest, Erin or I probably would have just tossed it out in the trash. We've both tried to loose that friend coil over the years, but he is just so damn persistent!! And what with all that flab and hair, probably huggable, but you would have to ask Diana about that!
Trin, I was worried that you had actually taken some time out of reading your young adult novels to read Jane Austen or something with the way you wrote that letter. Perhaps you can now work on correcting your grammar on your blog?
lol AD ... thank you! :P And one of the things I love most about Trinity's blog is the constant struggle you and Erin endure to correct his outrageous grammar, it never ceases to amuse me.
I cannot believe I am not getting grammar crap on other people's blogs. This is getting ridiculous.
And I don't know why you are hating on my Young Adult reading. It keeps me up with what the youths are doing and you just finsihed Twilight so you can suck it.
Trinity ... you love it, you know you do, and it's all for your own good.
Yeah... Twilight blew, too! That Stephanie Meyer is just not that good of a writer...
Comic books, the great American (nerdy)pass time! Love it! When my husband proposed, he did so with a first edition WitchBlade comic book (which is my ffaaavvvooooritte). Verily I say, this is how our geektastic marriage began. *=-)
I always seem to come across your posts when you have a million comments already but I'd just like to say thanks for the shout out and, as if you didn't know, I really do mean it. I read everyone on my blogroll but there are a few that I'm always excited to read and yours is one of them. Besides, you were like, my 3rd follower so, of course you're one of the coolest. I'd also like to say that, a couple of years ago, I also followed THE BOOK. It really got me into blogging in the first place, even though I no longer visit the site.
Critty ... awwww!!! That's so romantically geeky it's cool!!! I'm going to Wiki Witchblade now, sounds like my kind of thing.
Tennyson ... Thank you :) and you're more than welcome for the shout out, you're one of my favourite bloggers too.
Can't believe somebody else has followed that book!!! Did it change your life? Did it get you arrested? I need to know more!!!
I love packages and mail and stuff.
I'm loving all of this blog love all of a sudden. It's like...a kool aid cult, but without the murder part.
Wow. I love the idea of mailing a message in a bottle. Kind of redundant...but fun. I think I'd have given up and went to find a hammer very quickly though... ;)
OWO ... Hey! I hope you're not suggesting that I look like Jim Jones!! I have a much better haircut and not a trace of sideburns ;)
Carrie ... Another 10 seconds and I would have been ready to smash it on the first object I saw! There was a lot of grrrrr'ing going on :P
That blogger that left a comment right after yours on my blog is from London, she is really cool! Her name is O.
What a cool package. I love the Cheetos. That was a great touch. Maybe I will send you this painting of teeth in a jar that I am working on.
On second thought, maybe not. I like you too much to subject you to that.
Otin ... thanks, I'll go check her blog out
Pru ... Aw! Well it's the thought that counts, right? lol I hope you're going show us the finished masterpiece when you're done!
lovely post!!!! nice stories!!!!
Hanh,
www.life-in-travel.blogspot.com
Thanks Hanh :) Glad you liked it, thanks for stopping by.
Pop over to my blog when you get a chance...I need your expert opinion on my contest. =)
Wow, you've got some seriously cool blog-chums :) This was such a nice post and it left me feeling quite warm inside. I'm packing a sunshine variety box right away, with poetry stuffed in an Iron Bru bottle and a packet of monster munch... just to get another post ;)
Darren ... :) I do indeed, I'm glad you liked it. And that sounds lovely! ... make sure they're pickled onion flavoured monster munch though, please :P
I thought I was following you, I don't know how I missed this one. Trinity seems like a great guy. I have a love of zombies too, thanks to Cute Hubby. Anyone who's seen the car we drive knows that we are inspired by movies like Night of the Living Dead.
Comic books were an obsession that came and went with us, so we have tons of collector comics stashed away in boxes. My favorite is She Hulk, because I can't get past how she is drawn. And I loved the X-Men way before the movies came out, which I found to be rather a disappointment.
Aren't cheetos the best? They give you a reason to suck on your fingers, haha.
Anyway, I totally agree with you about finding friends in the blogsphere, and consider you one of the best. Hugs. xo d
Hey Diane! :) Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment, it's given me my first smile on a day when smiles are very much needed x
I consider you one of the best too *hug* xx
Ps: I've been a total slacker again recently and am just working my way through everybody's posts, so I'll be along to visit you shortly and find out what you've been up to :) Hope all is good with you.
Hi! Wandered on over from Mr. Condescending and have to say that I'm a new fan of your blog :)
:) Thank you uncorked! I appreciate you stopping by.
I need to start posting more so that I actually have something to justify all the praise he gives me :P
I just discovered your blog and I love it! This was a terrific post. Looking forward to more.
:) thank you hiphop, I'm glad you enjoyed it ... I will try to post more, hopefully this week.
Thanks ever so much for stopping by!
oh, I want to be one of your blog chums (:
New blog-chums are always welcome, Moondust :) thanks for stopping by
Post a Comment