Saturday, 23 January 2010

All the nice girls love a sailor? … Er, really?

Ahoy there, me hearties! ErWho

 

 

I was in the kitchen this morning getting some breakfast, when my Grandfather started singing that song (he is a one-man cabaret act whilst preparing his breakfast – post coming soon) and I found myself pondering, not only the merits of Marmite as opposed to black cherry jam … but also, DO all the nice girls love a sailor?

 

 

Not one to toot my own horn, but I like to think that I’m a reasonably nice girl, and I have to say I don’t recall ever having warm and fuzzy feelings for a salty ol’ sea dog or anyone of a similarly nautical persuasion.

 

 

Actually, the very fact that they’re referred to as “salty ol’ sea dog’s” makes it a virtual impossibility. That and being attributed with saying things like “Yo ho ho & a bottle of rum!” and “Heave ho, me hearties!” Enough with the “ho” obsession, already!

 

 

But let’s not make hasty judgements without considering some of the evidence, let’s take a look at some well known, jolly old Jack Tar’s (Jack Tar’s? See what I mean? They really don’t help themselves, do they!):

 

 

 

Sir Walter “Ooh! What a big ship I’ve got!” Raleigh    Raleigh

 

“Bloody explorers, ponce off to mumbo-jumbo-land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and, Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory. To you it's a potato, to me it's a potato. But to Sir Walter Bloody Raleigh it's country estates, fine carriages, and as many girls as his tongue can cope with” ~ Lord Edmund Blackadder.

 

 

Blackadder was wrong about his role in bringing the potato to England, but pretty much right about the rest. Raleigh was a bit of an ugly customer by all accounts; his idea of fun seems to have been massacring Irish people, sucking up to the Queen and being rather liberal with the truth, all whilst wearing a ridiculously ornate doily round his neck.

 

 

He looks like a bit of a sod, which does have its sexy element, but his character (and dubious fashion statement) makes it difficult to feel entirely sorry for the fact that he ended by having his head lopped off.

 

 

 

Sir Francis Drake  Drake 2

 

HE introduced the potato to England … for which he should be, quite rightly, revered and worshipped forever (him and whichever blessed souls gave us cheese and chocolate).

 

 

NOT much of a hottie though, is he girls?

 

 

There’s still way too much doily action going on, and … *SCARY TOOP ALERT!!* I don’t know about you, but I personally don’t trust any man whose facial hair is ten times lighter in shade than the hair on his head!

 

 

Drake1

Here he is again … still using ye olde Grecian 2000, and what’s up with his right eye?? Not to mention he looks like he’s had a large stick shoved up his hornpipe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson  Nelson

 

One eye

 

 

One arm

 

 

Silly hat

 

 

Liked to kiss a chap called Hardy

 

 

 

Next!

 

 

 

 

Vice Admiral William Bligh Capn Bligh

 

Possibly the most unfairly maligned man ever to sail the high seas; Hollywood portrayed him as a sadistic tyrant when in fact, evidence suggests, he was much more lenient and concerned with his crew’s welfare than most of his contemporaries. But sadly, a sharp tongue, combined with a crew who had just spent several pleasurable months swanning around Tahiti and who were loathe to leave the exotic climate (and the even more exotic local ladies) behind, led to the pesky mutiny which would taint his image forever.

 

 

I definitely feel sorry for him, but he’s a bit pasty and has an unusually large forehead … so he’s not shivering me timbers.

 

 

As for the other protagonist of the mutiny, Fletcher Christian … well, he wasn’t all that either! Apparently there aren’t any existing portraits of the scallywag, but aside from the fact that he was a lily-livered trouble maker, he doesn’t sound that appealing; this is how Captain Bligh described him:

 

 

5 ft. 9 in. high (Ok, not a bad height!). Dark, swarthy complexion (Now we’re talking!). Hair - blackish or very dark brown (Could be yum!). Make – strong (Yep, we like that!). A star tattooed on his left breast (Moobs?!), and tattooed on the backside (Er, maybe a bit kinky – but ok!). His knees stand a little out and he may be called a little bowlegged (Starting to lose me here). He is subject to violent perspiration (And – you’ve lost me), particularly in his hand, so that he soils anything he handles (Ew! Ew! Ew!)

 

 

 

 

Captain James Cook  Cook1

 

He looks like the grumpy type. More likely to tell me to sit down and eat my peas, than say something romantic.

 

 

He wasn’t very diplomatic either. I mean, it takes some doing to wind up the laid-back Hawaiians, so much so that they hit you on the head and then stab you to death … and apparently they LIKED him! 

 

 

Maybe he forgot to take his shoes off? Or really dissed Elvis.

 

 

 

 

Captain Pugwash Pugwash

 

A cowardly, braggart of a pirate captain … I’m only including him because I used to like watching the programme when I was little, it had a very jolly, jaunty theme tune which made me smile and want to do a jig.

 

 

Also, because I get to mention the ridiculous urban legend that built up around the programme, with people being convinced that there had been characters called “Seaman Staines”, “Master Bates” and “Roger the cabin boy”. There WAS a character called “Willy” though, which was enough to provoke childish giggling in our sitting room.

 

 

Whilst not cherishing feelings of a squishier nature for him, one of the things that I did love about Captain Pugwash was his habit of liberally peppering his dialogue with the most wonderful exclamations, these gems included:

 

 

“Lolloping landlubbers!”

 

“Blistering barnacles!”

 

“Suffering seagulls!”

 

And my personal favourite … “Kipper me capstans!”

Popeye  popeye2

 

I actually loathe Popeye, but I have to grudgingly accept that he probably is the most famous sailor of them all, and therefore warrants a mention.

 

 

I never liked the cartoon, I’ve never made it beyond 10 minutes of the ghastly film (Why, Robin Williams?? WHY???) … and I suspect I never will.

 

 

He’s grotesque! He clearly laces his spinach with illegal steroids, smokes a pipe, permanently squints and laughs like a dork! His taste in women seems to run to the tall, gangling type with huge feet, who I suspect may even be a female impersonator.

 

 

Oh … and he has four identical nephews called Pipeye, Pupeye, Poopeye, Peepeye.

 

 

Freak!

 

 

 

And talking of freaks, check out this bunch of gimps, (that’s them in the pic at the top too) apparently they’re British and have had a frankly astonishing 32 albums!!!!  Although only a rather telling 11 singles … which explains the fact why the majority of the albums are “Greatest Hit(s)” and “Very Best of …” jobs. I’ve never heard of them and I hope that I will speedily be able to wipe them from my memory. Watching them, especially the smug, blonde lunatic (and by lunatic I actually mean twat) in glasses, left me feeling strangely irate and violent. Clearly the Germans liked them enough to invite them over … but then look at the audience members. That’s taking being underwhelmed to a whole new level.

 

 

 

 

 

So basically, the answer to my original question is a most resounding NO! Not all the nice girls love a sailor.

 

 

But feel free to contradict me.

 

 

Have a great weekend xx

57 comments:

darren said...

Stuttering starfish! I had captain pugwash wallpaper as a child, I still have the nightmares. John Devon Roland Pertwee, of Doctor Who and Worzel Gummidge fame, was an officer in the Navy... all the nice girls love a bit of Worzel :)

Girl Interrupted said...

Darren ... why does that not surprise me? Thats still better than the 70's reject wallpaper that my grandparents had in the room I slept in, it was green and brown and looked like hundreds of demonic race car drivers! AND, did you know? ... Dr Who #2, Patrick Troughton was also in the Navy and attained the rank of commander!

But your Dr Who did play Worzel ... so yours trumps mine. And you're right, all the nice girls DO love a bit of Worzel :) ... unless they're too young to remember him :P

corticoWhat said...

WHAT! You loathe Popeye! But he was such a gentleman (a bit violent) and his pipe was mostly for show (and tooting). He was also a great dancer (see the first cartoon).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UjM9UI40jk

Anonymous said...

I'm a 'nice girl' and I don't like sailors...just the uniform they wear if you know what I mean ;) Hmm, maybe I'm not such a 'nice' girl after all lol

Girl Interrupted said...

cortico ... I watched the entire cartoon (seeing as it's you) but nope, you're not going to change my mind, the man is a class-A freak through and through (although not as big a freak as Olive Oyl!) ... and I now suspect that the pipe is for smoking crack.

I did like the turkey though, who lost all his feathers and Betty Boop is always watchable ... even if she does have an unfeasibly large head :P

Thanks for the link!


Toni ... Oh, I'm with you on that one! :P Give me Bradley Cooper in a sailors uniform (PLEASE! WON'T SOMEBODY GIVE ME BRADLEY COOPER IN A UNIFORM!) - one of the cool sailor uniforms, not the dorky one with shorts and long socks - and I'd completely change my tune ... or even better, dressed as a marine!

*happy sigh*

Nanc Twop said...

Fletcher was a soggy yob?!?

Eww!... that tattoo on his backside probably said 'Steer Clear'!

otoh

My uncle was a sailor...
but I think it was due to a salty woman.

After all, we know how easy it is for a fun gal to talk a guy into things... ;-)

Girl Interrupted said...

Nanc ... I know!! Played by Errol Flynn, Clark Gable, Marlon Brando and Mel Gibson on the big screen too ... how disillusioning! Not a single mention of sweaty palms or suspicious stains under the armpits!

That's very true ... and even easier if she's a glamour puss with a uniform and a sly "come to my bunk" smile, like that saucy minx!

Simon Butler said...

You’ll be telling me you don’t have a soft spot for Cap’n Jack Sparrow next.

Girl Interrupted said...

Simon ... Dammit! I forgot about him! He is a bit sexy, I can't deny it :P

Char said...

I don't know, but I do like them all spiffed up in their dress whites.

diane said...

Don't feel bad Kate, I forgot all about Johnny Depp too. (how is that possible?)
I DID remember Gene Kelly in Anchors Aweigh though. Dreamy.
The band members in Sailor (especially the one in the S&M outfit with the anchor tattoo on his cheek) should wind up in a Hostel sequel.

J.J. in L.A. said...

*SCARY TOOP ALERT!!*

Hahahahaha!!! I missed you!!!

The guy in blue, sitting in front of the guitar player, cracks me up! He looks about as excited as he would be waiting for a bus.

Dominica said...

Yep a man in a uniform has that seomthing extra ... for me, Mr Popeye please ... :-)
♥ ♥ ♥

Anonymous said...

The drummer from Sailor taught me chemistry in his rockgod afterlife. Just thought I'd mention it.

Girl Interrupted said...

Char ... Agreed. They need to do a remake of An Officer & A Gentleman ... without hamster botherer Richard Gere.


Diane ... I'm glad I wasn't the only one! And oooh! Gene Kelly's bum and thighs looked awesome in those navy uniforms! Personally I prefer "On the Town" ... although the sequence in "Anchors Aweigh" where he dances with Jerry Mouse is just wonderful :)

Hahaha @ the Hostel sequel! I might actually go and watch that one! :P


J.J ... :P Exactly! Either the Germans really DON'T have a sense of humour or Sailor were just THAT bad! ... actually, probably both.


Dominica ...it's the muscles, isn't it? ;)


Matthew ... :O !!! I need more info! What was he like? Was he a sadistic chemistry teacher? Did he force the class to listen to Sailor's classic hit ... whichever one that was ... as you used your bunsen burners to set fire to your litmus paper? (pretty much the only thing I enjoyed doing in chemistry)

Somehow I feel quite cheerful to think that he ended up teaching chemistry. It's somehow fitting ... I bet the annoying blonde bloke was a PE teacher too.

Girl Interrupted said...

P Mama ... In case you were wondering - You left your comment about Sir Walter using his doily as a pillow for your bottom whilst he has dessert on my "Love & Books" post :P lol ... and I wouldn't put anything past those dodgy old Elizabethans ;)

Mr. Condescending said...

I have not been around the blogosphere for quite a while now, but I check yours and this is what I have to deal with?

I can understand that a greasy, goofy dressed sea captain might not turn many a lass on, but my heart took a stab when you base your evidence on these wacky old weirdos.

When I'm sailing across the pacific drunk on wine, laughing at the dolphins jumping around, and worrying about nothing except what to do at the next island, I'll think of your timbers shivering in the English cold!

When I dock at the Scilly Isles, I'll take a picture so you can hang it up in your bathroom.

Girl Interrupted said...

Mr C ... Hahaha :P Aw, and I was so sure this would appeal to you!

When you actually become a fully fledged, salty ol' sea dog and start referring to everybody else as "landlubbers" I will gladly retract my comments and issue an apology to nautical types everywhere. Til then ... suck it up!

Ps: I already have a picture of the Scilly Isles in my bathroom :P

Mr. Condescending said...

Ok GI, I read your tags and they were hilarious, I feel better now.

I remember a dragons den episode where a lady made a disposable fuzzy toilet seat cover because "every loo's seat in england is cold." So I guess you need pictures of warm places in the potty to warm your buns up.

I thought P Mama's comment was hilarious, even though it was wrongly placed. I'm sending you this to help change your mind.

Girl Interrupted said...

Mr C ... I'm guessing they didn't take her up on that business venture? That's barmy, even by English standards ... which reminds me:

I was reading the other day that the Holiday Inn chain is introducing "human bed warmers" as an optional extra for their guests!! They're employing staff to don all in one sleeper suits and then go and get in the guests bed, so that its a nice temperature for them when they're ready to go to sleep :| Can you imagine anything worse??? I know I can't.

Here's the article if you don't believe me:

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/hotel_employs_human_bed_warmers

Awww! Hello Sailor Kitty!!! :P

Nanc Twop said...

"human bed warmers" don all in one sleeper suits and then go and get in the guests bed...Can you imagine anything worse???...


-Yes-

Soggy yob Fletcher getting into the bed -without- his fuzzy sleeper suit !


You'd have to wring out the bed, among other things...

Girl Interrupted said...

Nanc ... you make a valid point.

Just imagine how much more entertaining the Mutiny films would have been if Fletcher C had been portrayed as wearing an all-in-one sleeper suit!

Mike said...

I hear that popeye is pretty good with the women, after all, he has been seen eating olives quite a few times! LOL

diane said...

Hahahaha at P Mama's comment. Just another reason why we are all so glad she's back. And you. Now if we could just get Pru back it would be like a reunion of the Spice Girls without Posh "something's stuck up my rich tight *ss" Spice.

Girl Interrupted said...

Otin ... And yet you never see him without his pipe! Surely that's an accident just waiting to happen! ;)



Diane ... There's no doubt about it, she's the blogqueen of one-liners :P

Are you trying to say I'm NOT posh???? :O Fine! As long as I'm not Ginger or Scary either xx

Ps: Where the heck IS Pru?

Eric said...

In the US, they have a weird old animated hawker of breakfast cereal called 'Captain Crunch'. Never really got the logic of crunchy vs. nautical. I mean WTF, he's ramming the ship or running aground?

Fiend of 9 worlds said...

Am I the only one wondering how the captain knew he had a tattoo on his butt?

Also, what about the pirates of penzance?

You'll be hung! Oh, but I am.

PS I never cheated on a girlfriend ever. Never? Never! Never?







Hardly ever!

mo.stoneskin said...

Of course Popeye was on steroids, we always suspected that. Years of binging on spinach has done nothing for me apart from give me the squits.

Alyson said...

Your research is compelling and you make a fair point. However I must tell you, I've come across a few modern day sailors that I wouldn't mind swabbing a deck with.

Looks can be deceiving though. I've strayed behind the scenes of several military branch operations and have come to the conclusion that sailors, though often good looking, don't have much below deck...stamina. Now, the air force is another matter entirely!

Laura said...

First of all this was hilarious! Second, why does my life seem to involve equating everything to video games. I just started the Uncharted series, which stars Nathan Drake (descendent of Sir Francis Drake) and he is the kind of explorer/ sailor I would definitely like to um... ride the seven seas with.

I's also like to thank you for introducing me to Captain pugwash. I don't think my life will ever be the same.

Girl Interrupted said...

Eric ... being the inquisitive geek I am, I actually looked him up on Wiki and spent a pleasurable and spellbinding 20 seconds, reading about him and his dastardly adversaries, The Soggies. That Squish the Sogmaster sounds like the personification of pure evil ... but the cereal actually looks quite yummy!

I also looked up Captain Kangaroo ... turns out that:

A) He wasn't a captain at all!

B) He wasn't a kangaroo!!

C) He had the dodgiest haircut and nattiest blazer I've seen in a very long while!!!


Ben. Soc ... Good point! Maybe Fletch C had a penchant for wearing hot pants? Or maybe he just mooned poor old Bligh as they sailed into the sunset?

I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the
fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters
mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and
quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o'
news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the
hypotenuse.
I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings
animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

... THATS all I have to say about the Pirates of
Penzance.

Ps: At least you're honest ... kinda ;)


Mo!! ... TMI!


OWO ... Interesting - especially as I live 20 minutes away from an airbase


Lola ... I Wiki'ed Nathan Drake too - wondered what the heck was going on when I got an old black n white engraving of some bloke with a bouffant and curly sideburns!! ... THEN I saw "For fictional character see Nathan Drake" and felt much better, especially when I checked him out ... MUCH better!

Glad you like Captain P - I have a bit of soft spot for the chubby old rogue ... even if he doesn't look as foxy in jeans as Nathan Drake.

Peggy said...

What about Capatain Steubing from the Love Boat...you get that across the pond huh? huh?

Oh yeah, he's not hot either. I'll take Johnny Depp even though I think he looks like he smells bad.

Fiend of 9 worlds said...

Black Adder (woof!), modern major generals, dorothy parker, and poncy sailors with puffy collars drinking their own urine. You have quite an entertaining blog.

PS it's not that I'm scummy just sometimes it's unclear a relationship has proceeded to the point where congregating with fluzies will lead to having a testicle pierced with a knitting needle until said piercing occurs.

words...words...words... said...

No proper sailor would wear a doily around his neck, so I summarily eliminate half your sample size. They all look like they're about to have makeup applied or that they've been to the vet and can't chew their fur.

And I neglected to mention it last time, but I really like your new blog design. It's simple and stylish. And it has red!

Girl Interrupted said...

Peggy ... I've heard of the Love Boat, but not sure I've actually seen it ... is that the one with the midget?? He wasn't Captain Steubing was he?

If it WASN'T the one with the midget, then I have no idea what you're referring to.

And think how much fun it would be to drag Johnny D into the shower ;)


Ben Soc ... thank you! Entertainment is my middle name ... well, actually it's Victoria ... but it COULD be Entertainment, if I changed it by Deed Poll.

And all I can say to that is ... ouchie :S


Words ... I like the thought that they've just been to the vets and have those collars on to stop them from licking their balls :P You may have just rewritten history!

And thank you! :) I've always had a hankering for a red themed blog since seeing yours and Gwen's ... just remember, imitation is the highest form of flattery ... after bribery, sycophancy and sexual favours.

TMC said...

I totally always suspected Olive was a dude!

Girl Interrupted said...

TMC ... definitely a "Geezer-Bird". I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks so.

Lopez said...

Do you guys get Family guy out there? b/c Quagmire makes a pretty hot sailor...he isn't a complete perv. or anything!

and how could a nice girl like you resist a guy in a doily? I'm pretty sure that they were used as float devices...for when their ships sank...they just bobbed above the water..yes? no? Just fancy doily's? okay.

and come on now...you know you love all of the "ho" references in the pirate songs. No lie.

(is Jack Sparrow considered a sailor even though he is a pirate?...and if not...then maybe you are a bad girl that goes for the pirates aka naughty sailors)

Finally...i love that you noticed that guys beard was lighter than his hair...i never would have picked that up

Girl Interrupted said...

Hey Lopez :) hope you're well x

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply, I'm having some head, neck and ear issues at the moment and finding it painful to use my laptop (yep, it's as pathetic as it sounds - but true) so having to use my phone to publish and reply and it's taking ages! :(

We do get Family Guy here and I'm quite a fan of it (Ding fries are done) ... but Quagmire brings out my latent psychotic tendencies, I'm afraid ... I'd have him walking the plank and sleeping with the fishes in no time at all.

It's a good theory about the doilys ... and at least he must have been aesthetically pleasing to look at when he had his head chopped off.

I think it's more a case that I'm a silly girl who goes for the naughty boys. Regardless of whether they're sailors or not.

Gotta love mockery and attention to detail, huh? ;)

Let me have your email address and I'll reply to that last comment xx

G.~ said...

What a fantastic post! I'm glad I had time today to explore some other blogs. This is a great one.

The Jules said...

What about Captain Birdseye and his dodgy island full of children?

Is he a bit albino bearded for a nice girl to fancy?

Welcome back btw!

Mr. Condescending said...

hope all is well GI.

Nanc Twop said...

Hey GI,

Are you busy sailing 'round the horn with a handsome sailor?

Hope you're having fun, where ever you are ;-)

Stumbling, Falling, Dreaming & Flying said...

cool.

Girl Interrupted said...

G ... Well thank you very much :) I'm glad you stopped by and liked it.

Jules ... Hey :) I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to publish comments. I've been in hospital for a while and haven't been home long, so haven't had access to Blogger.

Captain "Beardy" Birdseye is a deeply disturbing individual (Fish Fingers anybody?) and is better not mentioned, in my opinion. He should be left on the remotest island in the world with only Gary Glitter, a plate of breadcrumbs and some tartare sauce for entertainment/company.

Thanks for the welcome back. Unfortunately it looks like my return will be delayed for a little while, but I'll be back eventually.

Hope all is well with you.


Mr C ... I'm ok thanks, better each day :)


Nanc ... Hello! :) I very much wish I was off cavorting and tying intricate knots with a handsome sailor (although, I must stress that the one in your link would NOT be my sailor of choice ... his hair alone scares the bejeesus outta me), the reality isn't half as much fun.

Hope you're well, I'll be along to check out your recent posts just as soon as I can ... could do with a good chuckle :)


SDF&F ... ;)

The Jules said...

Ooh, hope you're betterer!

You don't have to publish this. It's just a well-wishy type of comment!

Anonymous said...

I loooved this post! My boyfriend is a sailor, and to his annoyance, I always introduce him as such because it conjures images of ships and anchors and all sorts of exciting and romantic things. Thanks for the entertaining read.

Amy said...

This post is awesome!!

LMAO...

Eric said...

I hope that you and your family are fit as fiddles (you know, the kind which are whole and good working order) and everything is ok. Your mentions of the hospital are concern causing for sure.

Girl Interrupted said...

Jules and Eric ... I'm fine, thank you :) Won't go into too much detail here, but I'm on the mend and feel much better now that I'm home, it's just going to take time. Thank you for the well wishes, I'll be along to check out what you've been up to very soon, hopefully x

Sam ... Thanks for stopping by :) I'm glad you enjoyed it ... and congrats on finding your very own sailor!

amy ... Glad it made you laugh :P Thanks for stopping by.

Nanc Twop said...

''I must stress that the one in your link would NOT be my sailor of choice ... his hair alone scares...''

But GI, his picture declares that he is a 'handsome sailor'!

If we can't believe the website of a hairy cap'n... who can we believe?... Oh heck, lets just go drown our sorrows with a Jolly Sailor instead... ;-)

Girl Interrupted said...

Nanc ... I'm so sorry I've only just published your comment :/ I'm having problems with getting notifications sent to my phone. I hope all is well with you.

As for your Jolly Sailor ... my mother told me never to trust a man with buckles on his shoes ;)

The Kid In The Front Row said...

You've changed the whole colour scheme of your blog! I feel like I don't know you anymore. Or I feel like we bumped into each other after being apart for seven years and you got really really ugly.

Not that your blog is ugly. I don't really know what I'm talking about. Yet I'm still writing.

Still writing.

Still going..

Nearly finished.

There we go.

diane said...

Well hey there girlie! I just thought I'd drop in and see if you were doing any better (as I was a little worried). I'm glad that you're home and on the mend.
Love you tons. xo d

Girl Interrupted said...

Kid ... I did indeed, it was time for a change.

And don't worry, I know what you meant.

I think.

Maybe.


Diane ... Hey :) Sorry I haven't been in touch. It's a bit of a battle, with more downs than ups right now, but I'm slowly getting there ... now going to send you an email to tell you more.

Hugs n moofies xx

get in here said...

I would, like, totally do Pugwash and Popeye in a threes-up, for the anecdote alone. Is that an option? I don't think I do love a sailor but have a lot of admiration and lust for the cartoon character hero. Hi. Nice post!

Girl Interrupted said...

Hey, get in here :) ... you should totally do Pugwash and Popeye, it would be quite a coup. Just make sure you use protection, the thought of a short, dumpy yet unnaturally muscled child, smoking a pipe, with an addiction to spinach soaked in steroids, a stutter, a squint AND a goatee is frankly the stuff of nightmares. Plus, I'm not sure about Popeye, but Pugwash would definitely not stump up on the old Child Support payments.